HOW I FOUND MY TELESCOPE ON BUDGET.

On 20th July 2019 contacted OLX seller who was giving away his Meade 114 telescope for some 15,000 INR. I contacted them although knowing that the scope is present in Jamshedpur. My place is 790 KM from that place. Hence, I asked one of my school friends in the city to inspect the scope and bargain as if she is buying it. After bargaining, I came to know that he was giving away goto Alt-Amt mount(whose declination motors were not working), 3X Barlow, 4.5 Newtonian scopes with 1000 mm focal length. If I wish to buy it new then such a setup will easily cost me around 40,000 INR.

As I was a student of Electronics and communication, I thought that I would be able to repair it. Later I realized that such kinds of repairs are very dangerous.

31st July 2019 money transferred to my friends account Credit's Preeti Potala P(my friend in Jamshedpur). She went to the sellers' house and purchased it but he was demanding at least 10,000 INR whereas my account balance was only 4000 INR at that time. Then I used my credit card in Paytm to send the remaining 6000 INR to her,luckily after some talk seller agreed on Paytm payment.

Finally, it was bought and I instructed my friend to keep it in her house until and unless I can arrange transportation of it, if couriered then it would have expanded my budget to at least 2000 INR. Scope rested in her house for at least 2 months, she understood my situation and supported my goal.

I shared my courier issue with one of my cousin brother (Boddeti Vinod) residing near my friend's house.Some of his relatives were traveling to Jamshedpur to Visakhapatnam. He requested them to bring the telescope along with them, they accepted his request and finally I met my love for the first time on 10th October 2019.

Specification

Series StarNavigator NG
Clear Aperture 114mm (4.5")
Optical Design Newtonian Reflector
Focal Length 1000
Focal Ratio 8.7
Viewfinder Red Dot with slip fit bracket
Eyepiece(s) Two (2) MA Eyepieces (26mm & 9mm), 1.25"
Focuser Mechanism 1.25" Rack and Pinion
Dovetail Vixen style
Hand Controller AudioStar™
Object Database 30,000 objects
Tripod Full Size Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray, 2 Tier
Power Source 12v external power using 07584 12v AC Adapter
Batteries (User-Supplied) Eight (8) AA size batteries
Time Chip Yes
Assembled Product Dimensions 24" x 24" x 58" (61cm x 61cm x 147cm)
Assembled Product Weight 14.72 lbs

PHOTOS OF MY FIRST TELESCOPE

Comments